New Life's Vision, Verse and Values describe our goal, motivation and responsibilities as a church.
We believe God has called us to be a growing, influential, Bible-believing church drawn from every section of society with a heart for Croydon, the United Kingdom and the nations.
“I have many people in this city.” Acts 18:10
Three core ministry values shape all we do and help us fulfil the vision God has given us:
God calls us to share the reality of the good news about Jesus Christ with our local community and beyond. To do this, we seek God’s guidance for the most effective ways to reach non-Christians. When our present building was opened, we were encouraged to see it as a fishing boat from which we could reach out, drawing people into God’s kingdom.
As a church, we are particularly responsible for looking after and caring for our church family. We aim to provide good quality pastoral care, as well as diverse opportunities for people to meet and share their lives with others.
As leaders of New Life, our desire is to see everyone who is part of New Life to become more and more Christ-like in character, attitudes and actions. We want to see the local body of Christ built up as men and women mature in the gifts and callings they have received from the Lord. As God has blessed us at New Life, we also wish to help other communities of believers in the UK and overseas.
We are a mainstream independent Pentecostal church who work closely with other churches in the local area. The following is a summary of our beliefs:
- We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
- And in Jesus Christ his only begotten Son our Lord;
- who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary;
- suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified for us, died and was buried;
- the third day he rose from the dead;
- and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
- and thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit; the holy universal church;
- the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins;
- the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
We’ve produced a series of leaflets outlining our understanding on key issues which are available for download in the resource section.
New Life is also a member of the Evangelical Alliance.