The leadership has obviously changed over time and at the end of July 2017 Margaret Rossell who had led the meeting for 35 years retired. From September 2017 Janet James along with David & Pauline Fellowes will continue with that task.
Monday Fellowship is quite an ‘informal’ meeting where people can make new friends and catch up with ‘old’ ones, share their joys and sorrows knowing that people will pray for them both in the meeting and in their homes. A number of our much older members who are now unable to come as they are house bound or in Care Homes, are not forgotten either.
Often it has been said that it is difficult to make friends in a large group. Well, in Monday Fellowship at the moment there are around 30 /35 people attending each week, so it’s easy to get to know each other.
– Meetings take place during Term Times (Dates are advised)
– Meet in the Brown Room at New Life
– Tea, coffee, biscuits (sometimes cake!) and fellowship from 13:30
– Meeting starts at 14:00 and lasts an hour
– Incorporates – praise, worship, prayer, words of encouragement.
– Sometimes there will be a visiting speaker or
– Someone from the Fellowship
– Or even a surprise!!
The meeting ends at 15:00 to enable people to travel missing some of the school children and to arrive home in the daylight – particularly important in winter months.
Please pray for Monday Fellowship:
– For the new leadership – Janet, David & Pauline as they take on this new responsibility
– For Margaret and Dave Rossell, now retired but who are still intending to come along
– For people who regularly attended but now, through ill health are unable to do so
– More people to join us and become part of the Monday Fellowship
– For God’s blessing to be on all who come or take part in any way
Monday Fellowship now welcomes ALL who are free for a couple of hours on a Monday afternoon – please do come and see for yourself!